Friday, September 26, 2008

Destiny?

Our relationship? I have pulled and stretched it and tried to look at it from all angles but got to the point where its left me empty. I guess I used to have hopes and aspirations as to how our relationship would grow. But sitting down and thinking about it these past few months left me feeling like I was left on the way side, just left to hang and watch and cheer to uplift your spirit. I noticed something today while chatting with you, and it dawned on me even if I was angry at you or as now stuck inbetween having consideration for you, I would still lend you my ear to hear your plight and try to make you feel better. Try in my selfless way to left up your spirit. Am I doomed to being the fixer, is my purpose in your life limited to a cheerleader looking for new cheers to lift your soul? Somehow I can't be with you romantically 'cause too much of me is already invested in keeping you safe and happy. I cannot be with you physically either 'cause your eyes can't see it but then I wonder if I would even enjoy it or even satisfy you. So I am left with not much to do except maintain the abundant flow of your happiness. I actually felt guilty not been there for you this past months with all thats happening to you. Is this my destiny or is it my curse?

No comments: